Voice Communications Disaster Recovery Plan
Creating a voice communication technology disaster recovery plan -- one that responds to and eventually recovers the systems and/or network services -- can be a straightforward process.
The keys to a successful plan are to:
- Understand the risks to the voice infrastructure
- Collaborate with vendors and network service providers as much as possible
- Define step-by-step procedures for response and recovery
- Validate these actions through exercising
- And keep the plan and its various components up to date
About the creator of the template:
Paul Kirvan, CISA, CSSP, FBCI, CBCP, has more than 20 years experience in business continuity management as a consultant, author and educator. He has been directly involved with dozens of IT/telecom consulting and audit engagements ranging from governance program development, program exercising, execution and maintenance, and RFP preparation and response.