PRO+ Premium Content/Storage

Thank you for joining!
Access your Pro+ Content below.
Vol. 4 No. 5 July 2005

Snapshot: Disaster recovery plan development

Do you have a DR plan? Do you have a formal DR plan in place? For critical systems, how quickly do you aim to recover? Do you use an offsite DR provider? (e.g., SunGard) If a disaster were to strike, 58% of Storage readers would assume that their recovery plans would kick in without too many surprises because they've tested their plans in the past year. The remaining 42%, however, either have no formal disaster recovery (DR) plan in place, or it's been so long since it was tested it's doubtful it would still do the job. On the bright side, relatively few respondents require lightning-fast recovery times--only 23% expect to be back up and running within an hour. In fact, 33% would be happy with a time-to-recovery of one day or more.

Access this PRO+ Content for Free!

Features in this issue

  • Data classification: Getting started

    by  Karl Langdon and John Merryman

    Classifying data and knowing how its value changes over time will improve service levels, create a better working relationship with business units and reduce costs. (This tip is part of our Storage 101 tip series.)

  • How DBAs view storage

    Storage magazine's exclusive poll gives you the lowdown on how DBAs and storage pros view storage. We detail each group's areas of concern, spotlight their differences and find some common ground.

  • Clustering comes to NAS

    by  Alex Barrett

    Fed up with monolithic NAS boxes that don't scale? Clustering provides a way out of the management headache that's being perpetuated by some industry players.

Columns in this issue