BACKGROUND IMAGE: iSTOCK/GETTY IMAGES
What are the most common mistakes you see when conducting DR testing?
This is by no means an exhaustive list, but typical mistakes include neglecting to do the following:
- Define the scope and objectives of the test.
- Develop a scenario for the test.
- Develop and document the test process.
- Alert other departments of the test.
- Define team responsibilities in the test.
- Ensure that all elements needed in the test, e.g., networks, databases, firewalls, load balancers, data, applications, hardware, have been prepared for the test.
- Contact all relevant test participants.
- Get approval for the test.
- Complete an after-action report on the test results.
- Update the DR plan based on test findings and lessons learned.
- Brief management on test outcomes.
- Schedule the next test.
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.