The idea of virtualization for disaster recovery is to take multiple servers and put those into a single server which makes disaster recovery a lot easier and faster along with having a smaller data footprint. Furthermore, any type of data storage environment, whether they're a large enterprise or small- to medium-sized business (SMB) that has multiple servers should consider virtualization for disaster recovery.
Harvey Betan, a certified business continuity (BC) planning consultant, discusses server virtualization in a DR environment in this podcast, and addresses topics such as:
- How organizations are using server virtualization as a tool for disaster recovery.
- What types of organizations should consider virtualization as a DR tool.
- What you should have established in your DR plan before you consider server virtualization for your data storage environment.
- The challenges associated with disaster recovery planning in a virtualized environment.
You must have Adobe Flash Player 7 or above to view this content.See http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer to download now.
Download for later:
Harvey Betan discusses disaster recovery planning in a virtualized environment
• Internet Explorer: Right Click > Save Target As
• Firefox: Right Click > Save Link As
More on server virtualization technology for disaster recovery:
- Server virtualization strategies for disaster recovery
- Top server virtualization myths in disaster recovery and business continuity
- How server virtualization benefits disaster recovery