Storage administrators often implement server virtualization in their data storage environment to make storage...
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
tasks easier such as data backup and archiving. But how are organizations using server virtualization technology as a tool for disaster recovery (DR)?
The idea of virtualization for disaster recovery is to take multiple servers and put those into a single server which makes disaster recovery a lot easier and faster along with having a smaller data footprint. Furthermore, any type of data storage environment, whether they're a large enterprise or small- to medium-sized business (SMB) that has multiple servers should consider virtualization for disaster recovery.
Harvey Betan, a certified business continuity (BC) planning consultant, discusses server virtualization in a DR environment in this podcast, and addresses topics such as:
- How organizations are using server virtualization as a tool for disaster recovery.
- What types of organizations should consider virtualization as a DR tool.
- What you should have established in your DR plan before you consider server virtualization for your data storage environment.
- The challenges associated with disaster recovery planning in a virtualized environment.
You must have Adobe Flash Player 7 or above to view this content.See http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer to download now.
Download for later:
Harvey Betan discusses disaster recovery planning in a virtualized environment
• Internet Explorer: Right Click > Save Target As
• Firefox: Right Click > Save Link As
More on server virtualization technology for disaster recovery: