DataCore Software Corp. recently introduced a new product, Advanced Site Recovery (ASR), that allows organizations...
without a secondary data center devoted to disaster recovery (DR) to fail over physical and virtual servers to multiple remote or branch offices (ROBOs) in a disaster.
Beth Pariseau, senior news writer for SearchStorage.com, and Rick Villars, vice president of storage systems and executive strategies at IDC, answer questions about Advanced Site Recovery such as:
- What are the main features of Advanced Site Recovery, and what do users need to set it up?
- This product is meant for organizations without a secondary data center devoted to disaster recovery, so is DataCore going after the SMB market?
- Do you think SMBs that may not currently have a DR plan in place need this level of protection?
- What are the drawbacks of this setup?
- What are the differences between Advanced Site Recovery's functionality and what VMware is working on?
You must have Adobe Flash Player 7 or above to view this content.See http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer to download now.
Download for later:
Beth Pariseau and Rick Villars discuss DataCore's Advanced Site Recovery
• Internet Explorer: Right Click > Save Target As
• Firefox: Right Click > Save Link As
More on disaster recovery planning and management: