Paul Kirvan is an independent consultant/IT auditor and technical writer/editor/educator with more than 22 years experience in business continuity, disaster recovery, security, enterprise risk management, telecomm/IT auditing and over 30 years experience in technical writing/editing, technical training and public speaking. Mr. Kirvan has been directly involved with dozens of business continuity, security, IT audit, risk and telecom consulting engagements, ranging from operational audits and strategy definition projects to plan design and implementation, program exercising, execution and maintenance, and RFP preparation and response. Mr. Kirvan was recently a member of the board of The Business Continuity Institute and is currently a member of the board and secretary of the BCI’s USA Chapter. He is also a Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Fellow of the BCI (FBCI) and Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP).
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Paul Kirvan
- DR management software simplifies disaster recovery
- Incorporate critical infrastructure resources into your DR plan
- Evaluate alternative work space for business continuity
- Integrate cybersecurity into your business continuity program
- Social media: Blessing or curse for DR communication?
- Mobile device apps ease disaster recovery management
- Pre-hurricane DR activities will protect your business
- How to compare in-house DR costs, cloud disaster recovery service
- The importance of the change management process for DR
- Your disaster recovery planning process must include VoIP systems
- Your disaster recovery planning process for phone systems
- Conducting a tabletop exercises for DR testing
- Best practices for call center disaster recovery testing
- Best practices for call center disaster recovery planning
- How to use ISO 22301 to prepare for an audit
- BC/DR policy statement templates
- Creating a call tree for emergency communications
- Costs associated with emergency notification systems
- Fire sprinkler system testing best practices
- Virtualizing business continuity and disaster recovery activities