- Kevin Beaver, CISSP, is an independent information security consultant, speaker, and expert witness with Atlanta-based Principle Logic, LLC. He has over 20 years experience in the industry and specializes in performing independent information security and compliance assessments revolving around information risk management. Kevin has authored/co-authored seven books on information security including the ethical hacking books Hacking For Dummies and Hacking Wireless Networks For Dummies (Wiley) and The Practical Guide to HIPAA Privacy and Security Compliance (Auerbach). He's also the creator of the Security On Wheels information security audio books and blog providing security learning for IT professionals on the go. Kevin can be reached at www.principlelogic.com.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Kevin Beaver
- What do you need to have in place in order for a staff to have remote data access during a disaster?
- What are the best approaches for quick data restoration?
- What are the risks of replicating our database in a SAN in our disaster recovery site?
- The importance of incident response plans in DR
- Are cloud disaster recovery (DR) services secure?
- How does data deduplication affect disaster recovery (DR)?
- What's the difference between a disaster recovery plan and a business continuity plan?
- Continuous data protection is great for data backups -- is it as good for disaster recovery?
- A disaster recovery plan can be expensive. How do you convince management of its necessity?
- How do you maintain contact with key personnel during a disaster?
- What advice do you have on choosing a disaster recovery site/failover facility? How do I know which
- How often should emails be backed up and how long should they be retained?
- What are normal expected backup failure rates in a midsized backup system?
- How often should I conduct a disaster recovery (DR) test?
- Change management and disaster recovery