A business continuity action plan is a document that contains the critical information a business needs to stay running in spite of adverse events. A business continuity plan is also called an emergency plan.
A good business continuity plan should clearly state the business' essential functions in writing. The document should identify and prioritize which systems and processes must be sustained and provide the necessary information for maintaining them.
A business continuity action plan should include the following information:
- Employee contact list
- Key supplier/vendor information
- Key contacts
- Prioritized list of critical business functions
- Recovery locations
- Copies of essential records
- Critical telephone numbers
- Critical supplies list
- Inventory of the company's equipment/machinery/vehicles
- Invntory of the company's computer equipment and software
- List of communication venues
- Disaster response plan